Cranberry Orange Eggnog Muffins (Dairy Free)
These soft and fluffy cranberry orange eggnog muffins are a must make for the holidays! With whole wheat flour, maple syrup, honey and fresh cranberries, they’re perfect for spreading festive cheer. Dairy free and freezer friendly.
Let’s talk holiday muffins. Fluffy, warm and packed with the most wonderful flavors of the season!
Well, some of the most wonderful flavors. I kinda sorta have a lot of favorites this time of the year.
But today, today we focus on these cranberry orange eggnog muffins. Filled with orange zest, fresh cranberries and eggnog (obviously), they are the perfect companion to a steaming mug of coffee.
So soft, so fluffy. I could totally eat like four in one sitting.
Now. These muffins are nice and simple to pull together.
And I mean, you can’t help but feel festive when looking at them.
They are filled with a combo of white whole wheat flour and all-purpose flour to keep them nice and light, and are naturally sweetened with some honey and maple syrup.
And when topped with an easy eggnog glaze? Totally takes them over the top.
Tips & Tricks For These Cranberry Eggnog Muffins
- I personally like to use Califia Farms dairy free Holiday Nog for these muffins (not sponsored! I just really like it!). But I would imagine that regular eggnog would also work just fine here (although I haven’t tested it myself).
- I mention this down in the recipe below, but be sure to let the eggnog come to room temp before using (if you don’t, the cold can harden up the coconut oil).
- The muffin base is freezer-friendly. They freeze beauuuutifully.
- With the glaze, I’d say these muffins fall more into the dessert category, so feel free to leave that off if you are looking to keep them a bit lighter and on the breakfast side of things. They are still completely delicious that way as well.
- I’d highly suggest popping the muffins into the microwave for a few seconds before enjoying – they are soooo good when warm!
Additional Eggnog Recipes You Might Enjoy!
- Eggnog Waffles with Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- Eggnog Biscuits
- Cranberry Eggnog Coffee Cake
- Eggnog Mini Loaves
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
For the muffins:
- 1 ¼ cups white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil*
- ⅔ cup dairy free eggnog, room temp
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 ½ cups fresh cranberries
For the glaze:
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
- about 1 ½ tablespoons dairy free eggnog
- chopped pecans, for sprinkling
For the muffins:
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a muffin pan with liners and set aside.
- Whisk together the white whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, eggnog, honey, maple syrup, egg, vanilla extract and orange zest.
- Add to the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently fold in the cranberries.
- Divide the batter evenly in the prepared muffin tins, filling each about ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for about 14 to 17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let cool for about 5 minutes, then remove the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.
For the glaze:
- Once the muffins have cooled, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar and eggnog in a small bowl until combined (feel free to adjust the eggnog or confectioners' sugar to get the glaze to your desired consistency, if needed).
- Drizzle some of the glaze on the top of each muffin, then garnish with a sprinkle of pecans.
*Be sure to melt the coconut oil first, then measure out the correct amount. Otherwise you may use too much.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 273Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 206mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 3gSugar: 19gProtein: 4g
Nutrition data shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and is for informational purposes only. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.