Crockpot Southwest Breakfast Casserole
This hearty crockpot southwest breakfast casserole comes together in a snap! Perfect for serving a crowd, it’s filled with eggs, black beans and potatoes. Serve with all your favorite toppings. Vegetarian and gluten free with dairy free option.
I am so pumped for this week on the blog. Because it is officially Crocktoberfest!
Yes, you read that right. A week full of recipes all for your handy dandy crockpot. Well, three recipes to be exact – breakfast, dinner and dessert. And not just here on Cook Nourish Bliss, but on some other awesome blogs as well.
So get your crockpot ready – it’s go time.
And first up? Breakfast.
This casserole is perfect for company – it makes a lot of food, is satisfying and of course delicious. I will say that this definitely tastes best fresh, so save this for a time when you’ll have plenty of hungry people around.
Thanksgiving or Christmas morning? Yes and yes.
My favorite part about this breakfast is that you can quickly get everything ready and throw it in the crockpot.
Either get up a little early and cook it on high for four hours or make it right before you go to bed and let it cook on low overnight (which is my personal favorite since then you wake up to an awesome breakfast that is ready to go).
For all the other Crocktoberfest breakfast recipes, head on down below the recipe!
Additional Crockpot Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Slow Cooker Spinach Feta Egg Casserole
- Slow Cooker Chai Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Crockpot Caramelized Onions and Peppers
- Crockpot Tex-Mex Meatballs
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
For the casserole:
- 30 to 32 ounces frozen shredded hash browns
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese*
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese**
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 6 medium green onions, sliced
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup milk***
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- chopped cilantro
- sliced avocado
- hot sauce
- Generously spray a large crockpot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place half of the hash browns in the bottom. Top with half of the black beans, half of the cheddar cheese, half of the pepper jack cheese, half of the pepper and half of the green onions. Repeat this process.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture evenly over the top.
- Cover and cook on high for about 4 hours or on low for about 8 hours, until the eggs are set.
- Serve as desired!
*To keep this dairy free - use your favorite non dairy shredded cheddar cheese.
**To keep this dairy free - use your favorite non dairy shredded cheese of choice (mozzarella, more cheddar, whatever!).
***To keep this dairy free - use a non dairy milk of choice.
Adapted from Iowa Girl Eats
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 446Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 224mgSodium: 901mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 19g
Nutrition data shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and is for informational purposes only. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.
Crocktoberfest Breakfast Recipes
Overnight Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal from Around My Family Table
Crockpot Breakfast Casserole from Eat Drink Love
Pumpkin Oatmeal in a Crockpot from Peanut Butter & Peppers
Apple Monkey Bread from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Crockpot Creamy & Savory Coconut Rice from Curry and Comfort
Slow Cooker Ham & Swiss Fritata from 365 Days of Crockpot
Sunday Slow Cooker Hashbrown, Ham, & Spinach Casserole from Slender Kitchen
Crockpot Overnight Pumpkin Pecan Steel Cut Oatmeal from Kitchen Treaty