Fresh Herb White Bean and Avocado Sandwich
Fresh and fun, this white bean and avocado sandwich is the perfect simple lunch or dinner! With an herby white bean spread, avocado, honey mustard and sprouts, it’s packed with flavor. Dairy free and vegetarian with gluten free option.
Let’s talk about lunch, part two!
And how well I am doing about making lunches. Like not leftover lunches but actually thought about it and made something specifically for lunch.
Although if we’re being honest I was doing really well with this before I left for vacation. Since I returned my only thoughts have been holy-cow-how-do-I-have-this-many-emails-and-how-long-is-it-going-to-take-me-to-get-through-them!?
Don’t you wish there was a magical way to make all emails stop when you’re on vacation?
Someone get on this. Please? Pretty please?
About These White Bean Sandwiches
So in the midst of all my complaining about digging out of emails, I really should just stop and make these sandwiches again.
We ate them for probably about two weeks straight while I was testing and tweaking them to share with you. And they seriously never got old.
And the best part? You can just make the white bean spread and honey mustard ahead of time so all you really need to do is assemble a sandwich when you are ready to shove one in your face. That’s my kind of lunch.
Components In These Sandwiches
- White bean spread – Creamy, dreamy, full of fresh herbs.
- Honey mustard – With two kinds of mustard! And honey. Duh.
- Sliced avocado – Do I really need to say anything?
- Some other fun toppings – You can find the nitty gritty down in the recipe below.
- Bread – go for the good stuff. And something fun … like this marbled loaf.
Have I convinced you to make these yet?
Sandwich ♥ right there.
Additional Sandwich Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Hummus, Veggie & Pesto Sandwich
- Grilled Greek Salad Pita Sandwiches
- Fresh Corn & Tomato Open-Faced Sandwich
- Arugula, Prosciutto & Goat Cheese Open-Faced Sandwich
- Chicken, Bacon & Mango Chutney Sandwich
- Thanksgiving Gobbler Sandwich
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
For the white bean spread:
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- about 1 tablespoon of water, if needed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- salt / pepper, to taste
For the honey mustard:
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
For the sandwiches:
- slices of your favorite bread, toasted*
- sliced fresh tomato
- thinly sliced red onion
- sliced avocado
- alfalfa sprouts
To make the white bean spread:
- Add the beans, olive oil and garlic to the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth. If it won’t smooth out, add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until it reaches a smooth consistency (I usually add 1 tablespoon).
- Add in the basil, chives and rosemary and pulse until combined. Taste and season with salt / pepper to your liking.
To make the honey mustard:
- Add both kinds of mustard and the honey to a small bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Smear the desired amount of white bean spread on one piece of the bread. Top with some sliced tomato, red onion, avocado and sprouts. Spread a little of the honey mustard on the second piece of bread. Place on top and serve!
*To keep this gluten free - use your favorite gluten free bread.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 292mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 6g
Nutrition data shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and is for informational purposes only. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice. Nutrition info shown is ONLY for the white bean spread and honey mustard (as the rest will vary widely depending on your bread / toppings).