Hummus, Veggie and Pesto Sandwich
Creamy, crunchy and completely delicious, this hummus, veggie and pesto sandwich is a fantastic easy meal! With a dreamy pistachio pesto, crisp veggies and smooth hummus, it takes 10 minutes or less to make. Dairy free and vegan with a gluten free option.
Today’s hummus pesto sandwich recipe is basically the answer to the following question: what is a perfectly acceptable way to enjoy pistachio pesto as much as possible?
But let’s get real here. Today’s “recipe” is really a non-recipe. More like a general concept, if you will.
warm crazy humid / hot North Carolina weather, I live totally in the land of salads and sandwiches. There’s just something about the heat that makes me crave all things simple.
I most definitely do not have the motivation to make anything complicated or fussy.
But. When a recipe only takes about 10 minutes to pull together?
Well that, that, I can muster up the motivation to make. Especially when it involves pistachio pesto!
Tips & Tricks For This Hummus Pesto Sandwich
- The recipe is super quick already, but it’s crazy fast once you have the pesto made and the veggies all chopped. I like to prep everything in advance so that dinner can be in my belly in no time flat.
- Even though I’ve gone on and on about the infamous pistachio pesto (which is dairy free / vegan!), you could certainly use your favorite instead.
- Also, I feel like this goes without saying, but to keep this gluten free, be sure to use your favorite gluten free bread.
- Lastly, our preferred combination of veggies is listed in the recipe, but I think any number of options could work just lovely here. Use the recipe below more as your guide.
Additional Sandwich Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Grilled Greek Salad Pita Sandwiches
- Fresh Corn and Tomato Open-Faced Sandwich
- Fresh Herb White Bean Avocado Sandwich
- Arugula, Prosciutto and Goat Cheese Open-Faced Sandwich
- Chicken, Bacon and Mango Chutney Sandwich
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
- 2 slices whole grain bread, toasted*
- ¼ cup plain hummus
- few slices cucumber
- few slices tomato
- ¼ of a medium avocado, sliced
- thinly sliced red onion
- small handful alfalfa sprouts
- 1 to 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons pistachio pesto
Set one piece of bread on a work surface. Smear with the hummus, then top with the cucumber, tomato, avocado, red onion, sprouts and lettuce. Smear the pesto on the second piece of bread. Place on top and serve immediately!
*To keep this gluten free - use your favorite gluten free bread.
As with all sandwiches, feel free to adjust the quantities of any of the ingredients to taste!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 493Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 596mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 12gSugar: 11gProtein: 15g
Nutrition data shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and is for informational purposes only. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice. Keep in mind nutrition info for this recipe will vary widely based on what bread you use!