Blueberry Peanut Butter Smoothie
This dreamy, creamy, blueberry peanut butter smoothie is perfect for breakfast or snacking! Filled with yogurt, frozen blueberries, peanut butter and sweetened with a bit of honey, it’s healthy and delicious!
This smoothie was created out of pure desperation.
I woke up starving last weekend and realized that we were completely out of food. Eggs? Gone. English muffins? Nowhere to be found.
I decided I was too hungry (and grouchy) to attempt a trip to the grocery store before eating, so gosh darn it I was going to make something out of a little milk, yogurt and frozen blueberries.
Smoothie it was.
Except the smoothie seemed a little plain to me, so why not throw in some peanut butter? You know, kind of like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?
My husband thought I was a little crazy for doing it, and I probably wasn’t in the best frame of mind at the time, but hey, why not? Turns out that I really liked the end result.
The hint of peanut butter and sweetness from the honey made this smoothie seem a little special (but still with the same base that I love with all the frozen berries and yogurt).
So if you’re feeling a little adventurous give this a try. It wasn’t my husband’s thing – he likes his smoothie with all fruit – but I figure that some of you may be like me and will enjoy this.
Additional Smoothie Recipes You Might Enjoy!
- Blueberry Avocado Protein Smoothie (No Banana)
- Zucchini Bread Smoothie
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie
- Orange Carrot Smoothie
- Detox Green Smoothie
- Strawberry Oatmeal Chia Smoothie
- Vanilla Mango Spinach Smoothie
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt or plain dairy free yogurt
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey*
- splash of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender. Process until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Use additional milk to thin out the smoothie. Add additional honey if needed, depending on desired sweetness. Serve immediately.
*To keep this vegan - use non dairy yogurt and milk, and use maple syrup instead of the honey.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 124mg Carbohydrates: 29g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 19g Protein: 14g