Apple Bratwurst Pizza
Sweet and savory apple bratwurst pizza! With sliced apples, sausage, red onion and goat cheese! An easy weeknight meal!
Let’s celebrate the arrival of cooler weather with some apple bratwurst pizza!
Because of course immediately after I wrote my last post complaining about the humidity, the weather took a turn for the better and it’s been absolutely beauuutiful.
Although with my luck, now that I’m sharing this pizza and talking about gorgeous weather, it’s going to go right back to being super hot.
Nothing like kicking off a Wednesday morning with a riveting discussion about the weather, huh?
So we’ll move along. To all things pizza! A much more exciting topic!
I actually made this delicious little number a while back and have been sitting on it and waiting to share until apple season.
Which is here!!
I desperately want to go apple picking but we don’t live close to any orchards. So instead I just buy obscene amounts each week at the grocery store.
And while I absolutely love using them in baked goodies, I also adore pairing apples with savory items. The combo is just so darn good!
Especially when we use them on top of a pizza. Because pizza = happiness.
How To Make Bratwurst Pizza
So, we start with a ball of pizza dough. We brush that sucker all over with a little olive oil, which will serve as our sauce. Or really, non-sauce.
We’ll sprinkle on some mozzarella cheese as our base, since it is nice and mild and won’t overpower any of the other flavors. Next, we’ll add on some apple, some red onion and some sliced cooked bratwurst. And a touch of crumbled goat cheese.
It gets baked up to golden perfection and finally topped off with a drizzle of balsamic glaze. Yeah, I know, I have a problem.
A simple, chop and top pizza perfect for fall? Well, don’t mind if I do.
Additional Homemade Pizza Recipes You Might Enjoy!
- Arugula Pesto Pizza
- Fresh Corn and Zucchini Pizza
- Sweet Potato and Black Bean Pizza
- Kale, Mushroom and Red Onion Pizza
- BBQ Chicken Pineapple Pizza
- Sausage, Mozzarella and Basil Pizza
- Or, check out all our pizza recipes here!
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
- 1 ball your favorite pizza dough
- olive oil, for brushing
- 1 cup freshly shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 small apple, cored and sliced
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 links cooked bratwurst, sliced
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- balsamic glaze, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 500ºF. Place a pizza stone in the oven and allow the stone to heat for at least 15 to 20 minutes (if you can do 30, even better!).
- Place the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface and allow the dough to relax for about 10 minutes (but no longer than 30). Roll out and shape the dough and then transfer to a piece of parchment the size of your pizza stone that has been lightly dusted with cornmeal.
- Lightly brush the pizza dough all over with the olive oil. Sprinkle the dough with the mozzarella, then top with the apple, onion, bratwurst and goat cheese.
- Transfer to the oven (put the parchment paper with the pizza directly on the pizza stone). Bake for about 11 to 14 minutes, until the crust is golden brown. Drizzle lightly with the balsamic glaze. Slice and serve.
Prep time includes time to allow the pizza stone to heat for 30 minutes. It will be shorter if you don’t let it heat that long!
If you don’t have a pizza stone, just skip the step of heating the stone in the oven. Set the parchment with your pizza dough on a baking sheet instead and bake as directed above.
As with all pizzas, feel free to adjust the amounts of the toppings to your own taste.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 152 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 26mg Sodium: 300mg Carbohydrates: 8g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 4g Protein: 7g