Greek Pita Pockets
Quick and easy, these flavorful greek pita pockets are the perfect lunch or dinner! Packed with crunchy greek salad veggies, creamy hummus and fresh spinach, this simple meal will be on repeat all year long. Vegetarian with dairy free / vegan option.
It’s Friday. It’s Friday. It’s Friday!!
Someone is excited huh? I have a hot date with my couch tonight and frankly it’s never looked better.
My husband has been home for the last week recovering from surgery and he’s built this “nest” as we’ve been calling it on the couch.
And honestly it’s sort of the best thing ever – tons of blankets and pillows – like an awesome cocoon of soft fluffy goodness.
I may have plans to steal it for a bit this evening. Would that make me a bad wife?
But before I park myself in the pile of blankets that is calling my name, we must do dinner.
A quick and easy dinner to be exact. Like that transition? I’m so smooth.
Because we need to talk about food for at least a few minutes. It’s meals like this that have been getting me through the last few days. Simple, delicious and plenty of leftovers for lunch.
Chop up a few greek salad-esq veggies, add in a light dressing and then spoon it into a pita pocket with some hummus and fresh spinach.
You can’t go wrong with that.
Additional Greek Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Greek Salad with Roasted Vegetables
- Greek Vegetarian Meatballs
- Grilled Greek Salad Pita Sandwiches
- Greek Chickpea Quesadillas
- Vegetarian Greek Stuffed Peppers
- Mediterranean Hummus Bowls
- Greek Farro Salad
- Mediterranean Chickpea and Lentil Salad
Did you make this recipe? Rate and review it down below! I’d love to hear from you.
For the filling:
- ½ a small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup crumbled feta*
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- juice of half of a lemon
- 4 to 6 whole wheat pitas, cut in half**
- 8 to 10 ounces plain hummus
- few handfuls baby spinach leaves
To make the filling:
- Add the red onion, cucumber, pepper, tomatoes, feta, oregano, salt and red pepper to a medium bowl. Drizzle in the olive oil, vinegar and lemon juice. Toss until well combined. Taste and add additional salt if needed.
- Smear some hummus on the inside of a pita. Place a handful of spinach on top of the hummus. Using a slotted spoon to get rid of any excess liquid, spoon in some of the filling. Serve immediately.
*To keep these dairy free / vegan - omit the feta cheese and substitute with sliced pitted olives to taste.
**To keep these dairy free / vegan - be sure to use appropriate pita pockets.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 329Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 711mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 8gSugar: 10gProtein: 12g
Nutrition data shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and is for informational purposes only. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.